Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ringless

So this last weekend Mark took me out for an early birthday celebration. It was lots of fun! One of his birthday gifts to me was to bring my rings in to be sodered together...up until now my wedding band & engagement ring have been separate, which I found not only to be a little irritating (as the rings would spin around), but I found out is not so great for the metal. SO...the good news is that my rings are being sodered! The bad news is...my left ring finger is ringless for a week, which I'm not used to at ALL! Not only does it feel weird, but I never realized how much I value the statement of that ring until it's gone! I find myself wanting to tell everyone "I'm married!", not for any particular reason...just because. On top of that, while we were at the jeweler's, Mark ended up leaving HIS ring there for a week, too, so they can touch it up (note to all future wedding band buyers: brushed gold wears & will turn shiny very quickly!). So...now when we go out, neither one of us has a ring on, and I just want to tell everyone "we're not dating! We're MARRIED!!!". :) It's funny how a wedding ring is so much more than just a piece of jewelry. It symbolizes and states so much, that to go without it just throws me off. I'm super excited to get it fixed...andI can't WAIT to get my ring back on Saturday!

On another note, Mark did get me one of these bracelets:



Isn't it pretty? He put 3 charms on it to tell our story...and of course there's plenty of room to add more as the years go on. I'm pretty psyched about it! :)

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Chris Dugan said...

Happy Birthday yo!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks, bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home