Thursday, March 09, 2006

Not OK


This is American Idol contestant Gedeon. He may spell his name wrong (pronounced Gideon), but boy can he sing. Tuesday night he sang a version of "When a Man Loves a Woman" that could have been the original.


This is American Idol contestant Kevin Covais. He's a cute little kid, with a nice voice for a 16 year old, but...not that great. Just close your eyes while you're listening to him & see if it sounds like radio material to you.

See, didn't think so.

Tonight Gedeon got voted off the show. However, Kevin is now in the top 12. Yet he does not realize he is being patronized!!! (please see my husband's most recent xanga & insert those thoughts here). It just BUGS me, not only to see someone with legit talent not be recognized for it...but to see this poor kid get lied to!!! He CAN'T SING!!!!

Good thing it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life. :)

(Katie & Beth, I know you hate me now :))

5 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

Definitely I don't think Gedeon should have gotten off...

BUT...

I think Bucky should have gone instead, not Kevin. Kevin is DEFINITELY more talented then Bucky. Bucky is HORRIBLE. Kevin is for sure not my favorite (That honor would go to Mr. Taylor Hicks), but Bucky should go before Kevin. Most definitely. Bucky just can't sing & I don't know how the heck he got into the top 12.


I don't hate you! I just disagree in that I think Bucky should have got the boot instead of Gedeon & Kevin should last one week longer than Bucky...if that jumble of words makes any sense.

-kates

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

mmm.....I don't think Bucky is that great either, but he was way better than Kevin...

Close your eyes while they're singing & see if you can imagine their voice on the radio...that's my litmus test.

Taylor RULES though!!! :)

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

Oh Nikki. You are silly.

hehe

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Chris Dugan said...

do you all have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

I'd like to think that I'm more talented than anybody named "Bucky".

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Yes, Bucky is a ridiculous name and contributes to why he needs to be voted off. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home