Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nikki's Music Picks Volume 1

I thought it might be fun to every once in awhile use my blog to spotlight an artist that I've been listening to lately...

Today I'd like to spotlight a local band called "Cofield". I'm not very good at categorizing music, but if I had to describe them I'd say they are essentially an alt rock band with a cello. :) They first came to my attention a few summers ago when they came to play at a concert series going on at my store, not to mention the fact that the band consists of a number of random personal acquaintances/obscure connections to me (the cello player's family & my family are old friends...I had a college class with the old drummer...I used to work with the bass player's wife...that sort of thing). ANYWAY, they put out a CD within the last year or so that I finally decided to pick up last week...and it's been in my CD player ever since. I love it! Good, catchy, fun stuff that I would highly recommend. Give them a listen. You can visit their myspace page at: www.myspace.com/cofield .

Oh, an extra fun note is that as I was reading the liner notes, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my cousin Mindy lent her fluting skills to 2 of the tracks! Neat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home