Sunday, January 08, 2006

Truth Sung by an American Idol

I guess it’s gonna have to hurt
I guess i’m gonna have to cry
And let go of some things i’ve loved
To get on to the other side
I guess it’s gonna break me down
Like falling when you’re trying to fly
It’s sad, but moving on with the rest of your life
Starts with goodbye

I know there’s a blue horizon
Somewhere up ahead just waiting for me
But getting there means leaving things behind
Sometimes life’s so bittersweet

-from "Starts with Goodbye", sung by Carrie Underwood

Oftentimes following God means stepping from what is familiar into the unknown. It can be a painful process, but the bottom line is that we are each called to stand up for what we believe in, and follow God wherever He directs us. To be revolutionaries. It's the old "narrow road" analogy Jesus gave, and it's much easier to talk about than to walk down. We are grateful to have eachother on this journey, and above all, our God. He's our one constant.