Top 10 Good Things About Getting the Stomach Flu on Your First Married Christmas Eve10. You get to drink plenty of Sprite®
9. At any given point in the middle of the night when you're up feeling like you're on the verge of death, you can flip on TBS and watch the "Christmas Story" marathon for cheer.
8. You can put the whole "in sickness & in health" thing to the test (note: he passed :))
7. You have someone there to hold your hair back (sorry if that was graphic, and please refer to #8 :))
6. You get a lot of sympathy the next day (& food from your mom -- thanks mom!)
5. If you're extra and specially nice, you might share your illness with your new hubby, in which case you get to lounge around like beached whales watching TV together.
4. You get to brag about your previous 10-year puke record to unsuspecting family members
3. Santa still visits :)
2. It makes for a Christmas we'll always remember
1. It's still possible to have a nice Christmas with your family - a reminder that you really are blessed, and also of what the true meaning of Christmas is. :)