Thursday, January 12, 2006

A New Chapter, A New Song

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."
-Psalm 40:3

This week I said goodbye to something that I have poured much of my heart into for the past several years. It was not something I wanted to say goodbye to, but was a part of a step of obedience that had to be taken. The initial realization of that "farewell" has been tough. Today I am feeling more hopeful, though. While the realization of that "goodbye" is very much there, the realization of the potential "hellos" that it opens up is dawning on me. Really, all that came to a close was an outlet. Now my job is to find a NEW outlet. That's a scary yet exhilerating thing. Isn't it funny how something so difficult can actually push you toward God in a whole new way, and challenge you to exercise spiritual "muscles" you haven't really used before? I am excited for the adventure that lies ahead, and looking forward to pursue new opportunities to express God's glory.

One thing that I am going to be pursuing more is my own music...performing and recording more proactively. This is a scary and humbling thing to think about, because as I look around the vast sea of extraordinarily gifted Christian musicians in the area, I certainly feel like I don't have a lot to offer! But I am excited to offer what little I can with the resources God has given me and the time that has now opened up in my schedule. Anyway. I have started a myspace page for my music...a little premature :), but if I ever perform anywhere or record anything, it will be listed there, if anyone is interested. It's at www.myspace.com/nikkiwallacemusic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home