Thursday, November 30, 2006

So I have a problem...

So I'm having some accent issues. Lately I've caught myself saying "Oh YAH" quite often (stressing the "YAH"), and yesterday I even caught myself using the term "switcheroo". Then I took this quiz, which confirmed my fears:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The West
The Midland
Boston
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


I know I've always had it...it's just that I think up until now I've been in denial. It's not exactly the most exotic accent in the world.

Uff da!

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger pjpfau said...

It's OK Nikki you're not alone...I'm North Central too. We can maybe form a support group of some kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home