Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Viva La Revolution!



We just got back from seeing "Les Miserables" at the Ordway. (Mark & I went for his birthday). What a stunning production! I loved it!!! Everything about it was done beautifully...the music, the visuals, the acting. And even though it's not a Christian story, per say (although the main character, Jean Valjean, had a very strong faith in God), there were many powerful Christian themes woven throughout the storyline...tons of little "analogies" that could be made in various scenes. Forgiveness, unconditional love, mercy...and revolution. Even though the story itself dealt with an attempted revolution in 19th century France, as they marched and sang about pressing on in spite of opposition, I couldn't help but think of the revolution that we as Christians are a part of every day. It was very moving! I love it when God uses unexpected things to remind me of the truths in His Word.



Anyway, I can't really do it justice by my description here, but I would highly recommend checking out this play. I'll close this blog with this line that was printed in the program. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be about...(it's by Victor Hugo, so I'm assuming it's from the book Les Mis)...but read it and see if it doesn't remind you of the Hope we have in Christ:



'Will the future ever arrive?...Should we continue to look upwards? Is the light we can see in the sky one of those which will presently be extinguished? The ideal is terrifying to behold, lost as it is in the depths, small, isolated, a pin-point, brilliant but threatened on all sides by the dark forces that surround it; nevertheless, no more in danger than a star in the jaws of the clouds."
-Victor Hugo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home