Friday, May 12, 2006

The Ups and Downs of Life. And Let's Dish.

Well, it's been a tumultuous week. Chris Daughtry was voted off American Idol (a travesty!), 2 major characters perished on "Lost", and Terry lost both challenges on Survivor (which surprisingly ended with a cliffhanger - argh). But the good news is that Jim finally confessed his love for Pam, and they kissed, so all's right with the world (and "The Office").

What is that you say? Life doesn't revolve around TV? Oh yeah...:)

I'm not blogging about anything deep today. But I do have a good culinary tip. Two words: "Let's Dish". Have you heard of this place? I went there last week with my cousin Shannon and her mom, Sue (actually, Sue is my cousin...but I'll explain my confusing family tree in another blog...). It is pretty much the best invention ever! Basically, you go there and prepare a bunch of delicious meals, which you bring home and freeze. You can choose to make either 8 meals or 12 meals, and you have the option of splitting them with one other person. Each meal serves 6. 8 meals cost us $125, which sounds like a lot, but really isn't when you think about the fact that it's made the two of us 24 delicious meals (though sometimes I admit they're so good we've cheated and eaten too much for one meal :)). So far we've enjoyed Margherita Pizza, Cashew Chicken, Chicken Crustini, and Parmesan Chicken Pasta. Yummmm. So...a tip to all of you out there. It's a good deal, especially if you're cooking for one or two!

Alright, that is my post for today. Maybe I'll go for some depth another time. :) Tomorrow we're off to see my seester Katie gradulate! WOO-HOO!!! :)

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

DID YOU SEE TAYLOR & ELLIOTT TONIGHT?! THEY FRIGGIN ROCKED!!!

Also, Kat was good, but YUCK. Her ego is bigger than Ryan Seacrest & Simon Cowel's combined! Oh my word - "You guys have been so tough on me these past few weeks" *sick-slutty-girly voice*

Ok, now I'm just being mean...but seriously, if she gets into the final two, America seriously needs to learn how to vote. I have been voting for Taylor & Elliott all night almost none stop because I don't want Kat in the final two. AH!


-Katie ((Proud member of the "Soul Patrol"))

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

No, I didn't see it yet...go Taylor & Elliot!

Interesting note: the credit cards didn't go down tonight at the store! Hmmm...wonder why?! :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

Probably because everyone who loved Chris doesn't watch, let alone vote, now. haha

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

McPheever?

No.

She's a McSlut.


Now I'm just bitter.

If she wins...I will be even more upset. Watch out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home