Thursday, April 06, 2006

Trying to Cook with Nikki, V1: Poppy Seed Chicken

OK, inspired by my mom's blog, I'm going to completely switch gears here topic-wise and share one of my all-time favorite recipes: Poppy Seed Chicken. This recipe came from my sister in law, Ranel, who was gracious enough to put together a replica of her personal cookbook as our wedding gift (one of the coolest wedding gifts EVER!). It was one of the first recipes I made for Mark, and has quickly become one of our favorites. I make it a lot. A LOT. If we ever have you over for dinner, chances are this is what we will have. :) The best part is it's QUICK, EASY and DELICIOUS. It's made up of ingredients that (for the most part) you'd probably have lying around the kitchen anyway-- nothing too gourmet or unusual. So, without further ado, here goes...:

POPPY SEED CHICKEN
Ingredients:
4 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 oz. can - cream of chicken soup
8 oz. bowl - sour cream
2 TBS - Poppy seeds
1/2 cup- butter, melted
1 sleeve - Town House crackers, crushed

Instructions:
1) place chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish
2) mix soup and sour cream together, and then spread over chicken
3) mix poppy seeds, butter, and crackers together, and then spread over soup mixture

Put it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes, and you're good to go!
Yummmm!

I think I'll go make some for dinner right now... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home